American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DevOps Lead, Digital Acquisition
Mobile & Web Engineering is looking for an experienced devops engineer to help lead the Digital Acquisition Platform Excellence engineering group. Our group builds the core capabilities that power the digital acquisition software patform and enable the journey of a prospective customer of American Express. This position will report to the Director of Platform Excellence.
Your primary responsibility in this role is to oversee the operational aspects of developing, testing, deploying and maintaining the software produced by our group. This includes developing and documentating processes, identifying and automating repetitive manual work, developing training materials and facilitating devops learning, and otherwise finding ways to teach our engineers how to be responsible for and efficient at building and operating their software.
If you were to join our team, these are the kinds of things you'd do:
- Improve our developer workflows and continuous integration tools and processes
- Identify ways to reduce release cycle times and execute them through automation and process definition
- Define standards and tools for logging, monitoring, alerting and operational metric dashboarding
- Develop a unified process for managing operational incidents in our test and production environments in collaboration with our production support and site reliability engineering teams
- Work with our portfolio management team to identify infrastructure growth needs and decommission opportunities
- Build tools to support infrastructure provisioning and lifecycle management needs
- Plan infrastructure migrations and support delivery teams in executing them
- Monitor change management and incident management SLOs and find opportunities to train and support delivery teams in consistently achieving these objectives
- Own disastery recovery planning and work with delivery and production support teams to improve our DR story
- Several years' work experience as a hands-on devops or service engineer building software using software engineering principles, tools and workflows to solve operational problems
- Proficiency with scripting languages (shell, Perl, Ruby, Groovy etc.) and system programming in Linux and OSX
- Hands-on experience with Git, Jenkins, XL Release, Splunk, AppDynamics and other key tools of the trade
- Hands-on experience managing deployments in cloud infrastructure platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - able to explain technical concepts to product managers and business people in ways that are meaningful to them
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively
- Able to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a high-pressure environment
- A thorough understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery
Also critical to your success:
- Finding joy in mentoring others and helping them grow in their careers
- The insight to notice problems in how we work, and the initiative to fix them
- The ability to see and to understand the larger context in which your team works and to craft solutions within that context
- Adaptability to changes in processes, organizational structures and business conditions
- A strong belief in your personal responsibility for ensuring quality craftsmanship
- An open, collaborative spirit
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time