American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mobile & Web Engineering is looking for talented web engineers to join the Digital Acquisition Platform Excellence engineering group. We build the core capabilities that power the digital acquisition software patform and enable the journey of a prospective customer of American Express. This position will report to the Director of Platform Excellence.
If you were to join our team, these are the kinds of things you'd do:
- Collaborate with product owners and user experience designers to understand business needs and conceive features to address them
- Work in a cross-functional team with other engineers to design, build, test, deploy and operate features
- Review code with an eye toward performance, reliability and mantainability
- Help our production support team address issues in production and fix defects when discovered
- Continuously learn about new technologies and help keep the entire group abreast of industry developments and evolving best practices
- Mentor other engineers and be mentored in turn
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Experience with modern browser APIs and developer tools
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
Also critical to your success:
- The insight to notice problems in how we work, and the initiative to fix them
- The ability to see and to understand the larger context in which your team works and to craft solutions within that context
- Adaptability to changes in product requirements, organizational structures and business conditions
- A strong belief in your personal responsibility for ensuring quality craftsmanship
- An open, collaborative spirit
- Hands-on experience with React and/or Node
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time