American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Capital Markets – Asset Backed Securitization & Bank Relations
The position is part of the Global Funding & Debt Investor Relations team within the Global Treasury organization. The Director of Capital Markets – ABS and Bank Relations has responsibility for all aspects of ABS funding and structuring for American Express, including developing and executing strategies that optimize funding needs, ensuring cost efficient access to funding sources, and incorporating contingency plans to meet changes in environmental conditions. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring continued and sustainable bank relationships in global markets.
The following are the principal accountabilities of the position:
- Execution of ABS issuance and establishment/renewal of ABS conduit facilities.
- Contribute to setting the strategic direction for the ABS programs including analyzing ongoing and contingent funding opportunities.
- Maintenance of ABS program including investor meetings, due diligence and rating agency/regulatory reviews.
- Serve as an ABS Subject Matter Expert in support of ABS related questions from business partners (e.g. Business Unit Finance, Planning, Controllers, Tax, Legal, Internal Audit, External Audit, and Risk, Information, and Banking).
- Oversee external banking relationships and lead the sourcing and execution of unsecured financing facilities. Engage internal and external business partners (underwriters, legal counsel, etc.) to design and execute financing facilities to ensure alignment with the Company’s overall strategy.
- Liaise with controllership, technology, counsel and banks to enhance Treasury management processes.
- Support initiatives related to fulfilling bank holding company requirements.
- Knowledge and experienced in the asset-backed securitization market.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent analytic and communication abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a team.
- Effective collaborator with internal and external business constituents.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and a record of driving results.
- An ability to operate effectively in ambiguous and/or changing conditions.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- MBA required.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time