American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Strategic Enablement
The Transformation Office (TMO) under the newly formed Global Digital Capabilities Transformation and Operations delivers high-impact outcomes to GCS by leading investment strategy, business transformation, and strategic cross-functional initiatives.
The Senior Manager of GCS Strategic Enablement is within the Strategic Enablement team of the Transformation Office, which reports directly to GCS leadership. The Sr. Manager participates in a wide variety of 1-3 month long strategy assignments for cross-functional GCS senior leaders. The Sr. Manager will need to quickly understand the issues facing a client, structure and develop strategic solutions to problems, to communicate effectively with people at all levels across the organization and to work well within a team. The Sr. Manager will frequently lead assignments with senior clients.
The Sr. Manager is expected to lead his/her specific work streams in terms of providing thought-leadership, recommending solutions and effectively communicating with/influencing key stakeholders, as well as to work across the team depending on project needs. This is a very high visibility role that gives direct access to senior leadership across GCS globally and provides exposure to multiple lines of businesses, enabling the development of a thorough and solid understanding of the business.
The role is based in NY.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities with ambiguity (issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, development of actionable recommendations)
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional team/ collaboration skills and demonstrate success with peer-leadership activities.
- Outstanding ability to build and leverage relationships with key business partners, comfortable in working closely with senior leaders
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with shared goals and drive alignment across teams
- Effective in operating autonomously and making complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure
- Strong internal and external customer focus: Exhibits effective judgment of customer and business needs to deliver profitable growth and drive transformational change
- Relevant experience in consulting, finance, business analysis or general management
- Prior payments, B2B experience a plus
- MBA a plus
- Prior 1-3 years of experience with a top tier consulting firm or internal corporate strategy group a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time