American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assistant Manager, Strategy & Analytics Australia/New Zealand
Do you have solid data extraction/manipulation experience? Are you looking to move into an analytical position within a global business?
At American Express we aspire to become the world’s most respected service brand. Our values encompass customer commitment, integrity, quality, teamwork, respect for people, good citizenship, will to win, respect for others and personal accountability.
In this position you will support the American Express growth strategy in Australia & New Zealand by leveraging Proprietary Card relationships in the loyalty, acquisition, customer engagement and airline partnerships.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for the execution of analysis to support business development activity, the formulation of strategy and decision support across multiple business units. In addition, the analyst will deliver regular portfolio and performance reporting and provide recommendations to the Manager and Director on transformation and marketing opportunities to increase profitability and drive growth.
In this role you will heavily require interrogating raw data tables and MIS systems, distilling and analyzing the information to give recommendations on performance optimization and shape the business strategic direction.
In addition, you will work with multiple internal and external stakeholders, liaising with Business Partners at senior levels as well as internal American Express departments in both Australia & New Zealand to secure and drive portfolio profitability.
This role is suitable for someone with strong data extraction/manipulation and numerical skills looking to move into an analytical role within a business environment.
- Extract and translate large amounts of data into insights and recommendations on portfolio growth initiatives
- Prepare and distribute the overall performance and scorecard reporting for the loyalty, customer engagement, acquisition and airline partnerships team
- Manage communication and work closely with loyalty program stakeholders to ensure optimal economics of the Membership Rewards program
- Run environmental/competitive trends and research evaluation / opportunity assessment
- Work closely with product management and acquisition teams to identify and drive enhancements to product features, benefits and positioning
- Provide analytical support to deal construction and negotiation strategies of airline co-brand portfolios
- Identify process and program gaps and creates plans to address by working with all relevant parties
- Proactively seek and identify opportunities to deliver key driver and marginal contribution growth
QualificationsAs the successful individual you will have:
- High attention to detail & focus on quality a must
- Experience in data mining and working with large, multi-faceted data sets and ability to normalize and match data from various sources
- Strong experience with SAS, SQL, Python (experience with Spark a plus) and Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrable proven experience within an analytics or technical related field
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Solid interpersonal and relationship management abilities
- Confident in communicating through various mediums (verbal and written)
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously and own projects end to end
- Flexible, adaptable and the ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of the American Express organisation & systems an advantage but not essential.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time