American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager/ Senior Manager, Large Market Client Group
American Express Global Commercial Payments solutions are preferred by the world's top businesses. We are innovators in the payments industry, at the forefront of creating solutions for mid-sized and large companies that help them leverage their purchasing power, eliminate many labor-intensive operations in expense management, and broaden the use of cards and electronic payments to take the place of cash and checks. We continue to expand the ways in which companies can maximize working capital, and provide world-class Cardmember benefits to their employees. The GCP US Large Market (MM) Client Group manages relationships and acquires new customers with annual revenue over $300M.
This role is responsible for providing analytical, planning, strategic communications and process support to the Large Market Leadership Team. Reporting to the Director of Strategy & Business Planning, this role will support the day to day management and operations of over 200 employees. Successfully fulfilling the responsibilities of the role will require the ability to simultaneously drive of a wide range of initiatives working across multiple teams within GCP and with key staff groups.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to support management strategy and business planning for the Large Market client portfolio
- Provide planning and coordination support, including project management, analytical support, and support of strategic initiatives as required
- GCP-US Large Market liaison for the Marketing Organization (Brand, Customer, Prospect, and Product Marketing)
- Deliver insights and analysis on Large Market portfolios and prospects
- Assist in identifying opportunities and strategies to achieve portfolio retention and growth targets across Large Market
- Understanding change management needs for each initiative and developing strategies to enable project teams to implement change activities effectively
- Influence and innovate to overcome complex client barriers, resolve escalated issues, and build strong partnerships and engagement with key players and decision-makers.
- Travel time expected: 25%
Seeking a minimum of 4 years prior consulting, business strategy, and / or client facing experience. Ideal skill set includes the following:
- Prior experience with project management and/or complex proposal development
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with leveraging data to create insights driven presentations.
- Knowledge of B2B business environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with ability to effectively present insights and solutions to clients, resulting in increased revenue and/or retention
- Proven relationship management skills demonstrating a comfort level and effectiveness in seeking out and establishing relationships internally and externally
- Innovative and collaborative approach to problem solving and overcoming barriers impacting client value or growth
- Ability to gain in-depth understanding of client needs, to develop and execute a client-focused account plan with limited support and guidance
- Must be able to travel, as needed
- Ability to effectively influence and manage change and display solid leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time