American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The Debt Collector
We are looking for a reliable Debt collector to contact debtors and collect the outstanding balances for our company. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven experience as debt collector
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication in Polish and English
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
- High school diploma is preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time