American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, HR Business Partner - Global Commercial Services EMEA
People power companies.Top talent powers ours.
This role is the Human Resources Business Partner for the Global Commercial Services (GCS) business, directly supporting Senior Vice President & General Manager, for GCS EMEA; his management team and the GCS EMEA organisation comprising of 670 employees across our offices throughout Europe. The HRBP will serve as the Chief HR Officer ensuring the organisation is mission capable and positioned to succeed in executing on its strategies. To that end, the HRBP is accountable for leading the talent, performance, and change efforts that will enable the businesses to achieve their goals.
This role will be based in London and will report to the VP, Human Resources Business Partner supporting the Global Marketing, Sales and Client Management organisation.
Not just a workplace, but a place people want to work.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Define Critical Roles for GCS EMEA
- Staff Critical Roles with Top Talent
- Develop and align on ‘Plan A’ Succession Plans for Critical Roles
- Identify emerging roles required to achieve strategic goals
- Ensure development plans and pathways are in place for Top Talent
- Ensure attrition is well-managed
- Translate strategic outcomes into performance goals
- Effectively integrate goals and ensure they are cascaded throughout organization
- Align scorecards to enterprise/corporate scorecards and mission critical partner groups
- Set and hold a high bar for performance by defining high/low performance and holding leaders accountable to managing their talent against these standards
- Serve as the expert in how change is led and sustained
- Teach / train line leadership on how to lead and manage change
- Be actively engaged in significant change efforts, serving as a coach or advisor
- Significant Human Resources experience, with proven ability to build and maintain credibility with senior business partners
- Global/international experience required – with specific experience and understanding of the dynamics and impact of Employment and Labour Relations frameworks and employment law across Europe
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to serve as an active participant in defining business strategy, proven experience as a trusted partner sitting as member of business leadership teams
- Ability to forge and maintain strong collaborative relationships with wider HR team colleagues such as country HR teams and centres of expertise such as Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations and Talent Acquisition
- Ability to deliver on the talent, performance and change leadership imperatives outlined above
- Ability to innovate where central solutions don’t meet needs
- Demonstrated ability to keep up to speed on external threats and opportunities
- Ability to be comfortable with (the right) conflict
- Ability to travel within Europe is required
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time