American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sales Manager, UK Telesales OPC (English Speaker)
This position is responsible for closing Merchant acceptance gaps for the UK Market in the One Phone Channel (OPC) segment within Global Merchant Services (GMS). OPC plays a critical role in the success of the UK market, carrying 30% of the new charge volume target.
The focus of a Merchant Sales Representative will be developing, managing and closing out sales opportunities across the UK marketplace and within a range of different industries.
The successful candidate will be a driven and resourceful individual who is able to use the appropriate Premium Value Proposition, know how to handle objections and build effective relationships with both internal and external partners.
Most importantly, the individual will be responsible and accountable for growing Merchant coverage in the UK.
This is a sales role where success, as measuerd through Booked Charge Volume and the number of new Active Locations generated by the individual. Success is rewarded through an attractive sales incentive plan.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Direct Sales experience
- Native level English written and spoken
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self motivated individual
- High level of integrity, willingness to learn and adapt to changes
- Strong analytical, time management, problem solving and planning skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, articulate manner
- Ability to articulate knowledge about products, services and value proposition to potential merchants
- Proven backgound working for/in the UK market
- Knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Experience with using Salesforce is preferred but not essential
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time