American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that takes ownership and drives design, development and implementation of software applications
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Are you up for the challenge?
Knowledge or experience with:
- Java 8 skills – (Oracle Java certification is preferred)
- Working in Agile Teams
- Service Oriented Architecture development – REST
- Building microservices
- Reactive frameworks RXJava, spring reactor, vert.x
- Build tools like Maven, Gradle
- In Memory Computing technologies like Redis, GridGain
- Container based development (Docker, vagrant, puppet)
- Cloud application development (Openshift, AWS, CloudFoundry)
- Projects with CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment)
- Hands-on experience with building Jenkins pipeline
- Performance and Stress testing skills Jmeter, Gatling
- UI technologies ReactJS
- Drools or other Rules management system
- Monitoring and dashboarding tools like ELK, Splunk, Graphite or Graphana
- RDBMS like DB2, Oracle, H2
- NoSQL experience (CouchBase, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Spring framework
- Testing tools Junit, mocks, selenium, Test-NG
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
At the core of Software Engineering
- Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time