American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Finance Professional Re-Entry Program
Finance is at the center of all key decisions that help grow our business and uphold our reputation as one of the premier finance organizations in the world.
Whether you’re working with a business unit focused on the consumers, small businesses or major corporations, you’ll have the opportunity and resources available to make an impact. It sounds exciting because it is. Explore a Finance re-entry program at American Express and earn the trust and respect of our customers and colleagues every day. The Finance functions at American Express include:
Controllership & Tax– Partner with all business units and staff groups across American Express to ensure financial integrity, timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong control environment. Provide accounting guidance for product launches and financial impact of deal structures.
Corporate Development – Execute strategically relevant and financially sound transactions for American Express that enhance profitability, supplement growth and optimize the company’s use of capital. Coordinate acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and divestitures for the company.
Corporate Planning & Analysis– Drive the key business-planning processes and strategic projects across American Express. Analyze monthly and quarterly results and forecasts to assess short and long term strategies and priorities. Interpret results and trends, identify risks and opportunities, and communicate outcomes to Senior Management.
Global Decision Support – Help influence and drive decisions by providing thought leadership and financial analysis to all of the revenue generating business units and key operational groups at American Express. Provide financial expertise in selection and optimization of investments. Leverage analytical tools to gather and manipulate data for strategic insights.
Global Treasury – Lead the company’s capital assessment processes such as CCAR and Basel, and manage capital distribution strategies through dividends and share repurchases. Oversees and manages investment portfolios, conducts interest rate and foreign exchange hedging activities, issues debt in the capital markets to fixed income investors.
Where are these roles within American Express?
- Corporate Development
- Corporate Planning & Analysis
- Global Decision Support
- Global Treasury
The Re-Entry program is an opportunity for you to relaunch your Finance career with American Express. The program will last 12 weeks, where you will gain valuable insights and experience within the associated Finance function. You can also expect to receive:
- A senior leader level mentor to help guide you through the Re-entry program
- An assigned buddy from within your group
- Exposure to senior leaders through speaker series
- A comprehensive training curriculum
- Eligibility for a regular, full-time role at the end of the Re-entry program, subject to meeting performance expectations
- Provide best-in-class analysis and decision support to the Finance organization
- Influence business partners with sound logic and comprehensive analyses
- Build and maintain relationships with key business partners and finance colleagues to deliver on results
- Learn how to articulate decisions clearly and gain buy-in from stakeholders across the business
- Gather and analyze information from a wide array of sources; identify trends and articulate how those trends impact our businesses
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
- Hone analytical acumen, communication skills and the ability to tailor complex messages to the appropriate audience
Here are the skills and experience we are looking for. Do these describe you?
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Have had a career break of at least 2 years with a minimum of 4+ years’ work experience prior to break
- Ability to initiate and drive change management processes
- Strategic thought leadership skills and creativity
- Solid financial and analytical skills with an eye towards developing recommendations to drive growth for our businesses
- Capacity to synthesize financial data from multiple sources and draw meaningful conclusions
- A strong work-ethic and robust interpersonal skills, showcasing the ability to build trust-based relationships within finance team and with business partners across locations / geographies
- Aptitude with manipulating data and structuring analyses
- Ability to learn our business model and its key financial drivers
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be highly motivated to contribute to the core activities of your business unit
- Have had relevant previous work experience within the financial services/bank card/business development industry
- MBA or similar professional degree
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
1. Click on the below link and select “Apply Online”
2. Create a new username and password
3. Complete and submit your application
Our team will review completed applications on an on-going basis.
We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in
contact with you by April 2018.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time