American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager/ Senior Manager, Product Development
Commercial Payments Gateway (CPG) is a Global Product Development function within the GCS (Global Commercial Services) organization, focusing on driving the development of a single distribution and integration platform for all B2B (Business to Business) services.
The team’s objective is to allow customers to integrate Amex services directly into existing workflows & systems, while providing easy access to a full suite of payments, insights and value-added services. Leveraging AXP platforms as well as industry-leading Fintech capabilities, the team is developing an API catalog offering a suite of payments & value added services, connecting B2B trade, data, and financial services in a single digital environment.
Based in Phoenix, this is an exciting opportunity for a motivated manager to join the dynamic world of CPG and help to facilitate our product development planning and execution. The person in this role should be comfortable presenting in front of the team and management, as well as having an ability to negotiate as necessary and influence decisions. Having a positive outlook and a sense of fun are a distinct advantage.
The focus of the role is to drive processes and execution oversight for the Product Development lifecycle, including the Agile Release Trains.
- Ability to influence and gain alignment at all levels of the organization including senior leadership
- Drive relentless improvement through transformational leadership
- Build high trust and creditability across the organization through deep domain knowledge of the business and underlying technology
- Manage and optimize the flow of work throughout the development lifecycle using various tools, such as the program Kanban
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate the PI planning event and ensure readiness by supporting the preparation of vision and backlogs pre and post the event.
- Help manage risks and dependencies, escalating and tracking impediments
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities, including metrics
- Assist with decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams, where necessary
- Analyze situations and organize the team around solutions
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Report status to portfolio team and support related activities
- Understand and manage budgets
- Facilitate System/Solution Demos
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/business management or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience
- Experience facilitating Agile and Scrum development teams to deliver solutions
- Experience as a scrum master a distinct advantage
- SPC or SA certification required; RTE certification a plus
- PMI ACP Certifications a plus
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time