American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, HR Data Science
American Express is hiring a Director, HR Data Science for its Human Capital Insights team.
The Human Capital Insights team provides actionable insights and analytics thought leadership to power HR decision-making and advance a data-driven HR culture.
The Director, HR Data Science will be responsible for leading our HR data science practice, including analyzing internal and external data to inform strategy and decision making for the HR function. S/he will have influence in shaping the evolution of HR analytics within American Express and building and evolving our analytics processes and capabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in building and evolving of analytics capabilities within the global HR organization.
- Evaluate effectiveness of HR programs, and support the full range of human capital analytics from dashboards and metrics to forecasting and predictive.
- Creatively develop and apply approaches using data visualization, machine learning, and statistical analysis to understand dynamics of career development, leadership, collaboration, and other HR topics.
- Identify issues, form hypotheses and synthesize conclusions into recommendations.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams including HR and technologies to manage projects to completion.
- Present insights to senior leadership within HR and across the organization, and advocate for data-driven decision-making.
- 8+ years of progressive analytics experience, having built and implemented predictive models.
- Deep skills in statistical packages such as SAS, R, Tableau visualization software and MS Office suite (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities, superior analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Deep interest, curiosity, and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: ability to distill and present actionable and clear information from complex research.
- Track record of partnering, building relationships, and team work within a matrix environment.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Business, or related quantitative field.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time