American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manager Client Management (NY or CA)
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced business relationship manager and strategic thinker to spearhead a critical multi-billion dollar portfolio in the National Client Group. This role affords one-of-a-kind growth opportunities for American Express in both mature and emerging relationships in the technology space.
As the primary Merchant Services contact, the Senior Manager will oversee both the external and cross-functional internal strategy and day-to-day management of multiple large initiatives with merchants – many in evolving high-growth FinTech and technology verticals.
This position is for a professionally mature business leader who can take ownership of high profile and complex initiatives with multiple senior-level touch points across the company. A robust strategic background, an ability to think innovatively, strong financial and analytical skills, and the ability to lead in a fast-paced and highly complex/matrixed environment is required.
- Envision and own strategic account plans to drive transformational change. Grow Amex share, charge volume, revenue, and client satisfaction via a broad suite of AXP assets and partner teams to articulate to both senior level internal and external audiences.
- Grow Amex share and profitability through partnership constructs with merchants including new financial tools and pricing constructs, co-marketing initiatives, cross-selling Amex partnerships, brand integration, and operational efficiencies.
- Execute projects and business growth strategies across complex internal teams
- Optimize and prioritize investments by determining the best use of American Express budget to maximize ROI for both the merchant and the Blue Box
- Negotiate complex deals that include a firm understanding of the financials of card acceptance, industry economics, profitability levers, and Amex assets and channels
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to seamlessly multi-task, prioritize, and act with a sense of urgency
- Lead, champion, and communicate industry development initiatives that will identify business opportunities and threats
- Demonstrated professional maturity, relationship management experience, and proven ability to maintain and deepen relationships with internal and external customers
- Must demonstrate executive presence internally and externally, with the ability to lead senior level discussions with clients to influence decision-making and driving results
- Demonstrate a great sense of curiosity to generate ideas, problem-solve, and to identify new opportunities for business growth
- Work closely across Amex teams to ensure seamless integration with key partners in Membership Rewards, Marketing, Finance, Pricing, Risk, Operations and Legal
- Proven consultative selling skills with a demonstrated ability to close deals and drive results on a timely basis
- Experience with negotiations, understanding the financials of card acceptance, industry economics, profitability levers, and communicating the value of Amex assets and channels
- Must be highly customer-focused and results-driven, with the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously both autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong verbal, written, and analytic skills; ability to manage effectively upstream
- Prior Technology and Advertising industry experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Power Point
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time