American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Work with Engineers, Directors and Architects to define solution requirements and technical implementation approach for all initiatives and products.
- Forward thinking with an ability to implement for the short term but at the same time design for the long term.
- Implement new, highly scalable web products, platform components and APIs.
- Drive both high-level and detailed technical designs and conduct design reviews.
- Actively participate in team and company-wide architecture and engineering discussions and forums.
- Ability to use
- Responsible for health and quality of the code across the portfolio, including all aspects of testing unit, functional and performance, and CI/CD.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Be a Change Agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes.
- Introduces new Engineering paradigms, techniques and solutions.
- 15+ years of active Engineering experience in a complex environment and/or comparable experience.
- Successful Engineering and deployment of large scale web products in an agile product development environment.
- Ability to direct a team and negotiate and influence stakeholders within the team and externally in the broader organization.
- Ability to build long term relationships across the organization.
- Well versed in the concept of minimum viable product and engineering to support an MVP based rollout.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences including those at the Executive leadership level.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Demonstrated experience coaching, mentoring, and developing technical professionals.
- Hands-on coding experience in the following technology environment - React, Redux, Flux, Angular, NodeJs, GraphQL, REST based APIs, Java, Couchbase, MongoDB, Akamai, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Cloud Platform, AWS.
- Ability to construct enterprise-grade APIs using state-of-the-art techniques and best practices (REST, JSON, XML, etc.).
- Advanced Engineering skills with wide-ranging experience; able to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time