American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Cyber Hunter
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express’s Advanced Cyber Hunting team works in collaboration with other information security teams to secure American Express' network in order to protect American Express and our customers. We are responsible for identifying, investigating, and reporting on various network security events, including: APT hunting, malware investigations, and improper usage.
American Express threat hunters must proactively generate ideas for ways to find malicious activity in the network and then develop and execute a hunt plan and thoroughly investigate any results.
Once an investigation has been performed the Advanced Cyber Hunting team works with the other information security teams to prevent future incidents, improve the speed of detection, and reduce the time required to perform a thorough investigation.
Has a working knowledge of the following tools:
- Web Proxy
- Open Source Intelligence
- Packet Captures
- Memory Analysis
- Syslog from servers and network devices
- DHCP, AD, 802.1x, NAT, and VPN logs
- Passive DNS
- Deep packet inspection
- SIEM/Log Management systems
Experience working in cyber investigations, computer forensics, financial fraud investigations and/or other IT related fields tied to information security
- Understanding the importance of information security from a business context
- Perform security event analysis and make recommendations
- Lead and mentor technical team on security incident response activities
- Is actively engaged in and contributing to the Information Security industry and best practices (e.g. understands industry best practices in security operations; attends/speaks at industry conferences; participates in local networking with other InfoSec professionals; stays current on industry trends)
- Produces quality documentation/ investigation reports (e.g. document design, workflow improvement, standard operational procedures, development of incident playbook)
- Coordinates with other team members/teams to resolve issues encountered during investigations,
- Communicates status of investigations (e.g. report on progress against technical plan; timely escalation of issues and risks; ability to explain technical solutions to a non-technical audience)
- Self-motivated to creatively find and investigate security events
- Expert knowledge of the Linux and Windows platforms
- Familiar with the latest malicious software trends, including experience with exploits and malware
- Has in-depth knowledge and understanding of OWASP Top 10
- Demonstrate (via work experience) the ability to follow frameworks to ensure comprehensive investigations
- Ability to creatively solve complex problems
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (python, lua, perl, powershell)
- Experience working under pressure
- Willing to work off-hours and accommodate rotational on-call work
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time