American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Owner, Manager/Senior Manager
American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Manager/Senior Manager-level opportunities in the New York, Phoenix, and Fort Lauderdale areas in Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA).
EDA partners closely with colleagues in issuing businesses, and across the Blue-Box to drive growth and market place differentiation with new card member acquisition.
As Product Owner, Manager/Senior Manager, you will have direct input into the strategies and product roadmap for customer journey to drive new card member growth. This role includes interaction with several business partners from diverse cultures, and in varying time zones and may include light travel (5%-10%).
- Translate product roadmap into well-defined product requirements, user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Partner closely with in-house, agile scrum team as well as across other product/tech teams to test and deliver features in the product backlog with core focus on driving billed business
- Develop and maintain strong operational relationships with key stakeholders across market and central teams in various roles such as Marketing, Technology, New Accounts, Risk, Fraud, Legal, Compliance and , Sales/Business Development and Operations
- Monitor the competitive landscape and industry trends to inform the product development strategy
- Experience driving medium and large scale capability initiatives (experience rolling out capabilities for customer facing professionals or external third party partners is highly desired)
- Experience as a Product Owner, developing and enhancing features through continuous optimization
- Willingness and ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, operate effectively in dynamic environment and rigorously prioritize initiatives based on business objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact effectively to all levels, and influence and drive results without direct authority
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong track record of driving results, innovation and change in a fast paced environment (global or international specific initiatives is highly desired)
- Willingness and flexibility to manage partner relationships across time zones and geographies
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to summarize complex analyses for varied audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, or job experience in related fields
Preferred Additional/Desired Skills:
- Digital marketing experience, mobile or web applications, or experience building digital experiences and customer journeys with creative or third party agencies is highly desired (familiarity with UX/UI principles, Usability testing, Responsive Web Design etc)
- Experience working in agile product ownership role and familiarity with agile methodology is highly desired
- Knowledge of digital conversion optimization, acquisition process in payment/credit card business, networks, platforms, and procedures preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time