American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Sales Manager - Business Development
About the Division
American Express Global Corporate Payments (GCP) offers a range of expense management services designed to help mid-size companies and large corporations worldwide manage most of the facets of their business spending. It provides customized payment solutions to Corporations to settle a variety of their business expenses as an easy alternate solution for companies to generate cash flow and reduce their overdraft and cost of capital costs. This provides increased visibility into their business spending, added controls, improved efficiency and cost savings. GCP provides these services through American Express Corporate Card Programs and Business-to-Business (B2B) Payment Solutions.
GCP operates globally through its GCP proprietary operations, Global Dollar Card, International Euro Card and bank partner network. The GCP client base includes many of the Global Fortune 500 and Interbrand Best Global Brands.
Execution of the middle market Corporate Card sales strategy within the segment prescribed
Exceed aggressive sales targets in the prescribed market segment through a focus on winning new business to the Amex franchise
Demonstrated rigor in sales pipeline management to ensure pipeline accuracy and adequacy in meeting the stated targets
Develop and execute a winning sales strategy in a dynamic and highly competitive Corporate card industry
Fully engaging in the Performance Management and Development Planning Process
Align strategies across regional and global sales team to ensure consistency, best practice sharing and quality across the globe
Strong internal and external relationship/partnership development skills required to facilitate customer satisfaction and service quality
Develop relationships across distribution partners e.g. Travel Agents, Expense Management Providers, Consultants, etc.
Keen eye on competition and execute strategies to overcome external challenges
Network within the industry, community, business, and customers to stay current on issues impacting the business
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore three consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
- Knowledge of Corporate card/payment solutions would be an advantage
- Direct B2B sales experience preferred
- Sales pipeline management(Salesforce.com) experience
- Ability to collaborate and influence internally and externally
- Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
- Results driven
- Demonstrated Business Acumen with a strategic and analytical focus
- Self motivated with strong time management skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Superior negotiation abilities
- Strong pre-sales planning and preparation and strong follow up skills
- Strong selling skills including needs assessment, presentation, objections handling and closing deal
- Build relationships across all segments within the client's organisation, especially decision makers and key influencers
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel skills preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time