American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sales Executive, Mid-Market
Global Merchant Services (GMS) is the merchant network of American Express which acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants around the world who welcome American Express Branded cards.
The primary responsibility for this position will be to acquire new merchants to accept American Express, improving overall card acceptance and increasing card acceptance across the Mid-Market B2C industries in Australia.
The successful candidate will ultimately deliver the Merchant Value Proposition with confidence and creativity, highlighting the benefits of AXP acceptance to their prospects. Positioning themselves as a consultant, they will leverage tools like financial modeling and merchant marketing campaigns, ultimately demonstrating a superior understanding of Merchant product solutions, the customer’s business, their competitive landscape and local & business environment.
This role is responsible for identifying, developing and closing out sales opportunities across the Mid-Market segments. You will be required to build and manage a strategic and robust pipeline of merchant prospects. This role will also involve working with our Issuers who have specific coverage requirements according to Cardmember demand. Also critical is a high level of tenacity and resilience.
You will need to seek alternative solutions within a defined rate structure, enabling you to convert customers who may have formed a viewpoint not consistent with our delivered value.
- Direct sales experience with a successful track record
- Structured methodology to acquire new business, territory planning and pipeline management
- Strong financial acumen (understanding of cash flow, P&L) and have the ability to have a confident discussion in relation to Merchant Fee’s, acceptance and finance
- Ability to collaborate and influence internally and externally (both face to face and over the phone)
- Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
- Ability to articulate knowledge about products, services and value proposition to prospects is a must
- Experience using CRM Tools
- Valid Australian Drivers License
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time