American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
We are looking for several high performing and enthusiastic Quality Engineers to join our Loyalty Technology Team at American Express in Burgess Hill. Over the past 2 years we have begun transforming our technology platforms towards a Microservice style architecture and we are now looking to accelerate that transformation by hiring a new wave of engineering teams.
The Loyalty Programs including Membership Rewards are a key Brand differentiator for American Express, which we are continuously enhancing to stay ahead of the competition. You will join one of our scrum teams building capabilities such as Pay With Points, Airline Partner Exchange and Customer Engagement and Insights.
These roles will partner closely with our product owners within collaborative scrum teams, in an environment that values interesting challenges, using best practice testing and automation, and prioritises your professional development.
- Lead development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Drive opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing
- Develop test plans, testing resource requirements, and scheduling of testing activity
- Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
- Learns, and grows professionally
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Required skills & experience:
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline preferred,
- Experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
At the core of Quality Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time