American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Tax Accounting and Reporting
The Global Tax Accounting and Reporting function is primarily responsible for the income tax accounting and financial reporting disclosures of AXP and multiple AXP subsidiaries. The director in this role will have the opportunity to work closely with all Global Tax teams, as well as the broader finance organization. Responsibilities:
- Serve a leadership role in Tax with respect to the quarterly income tax provision computation and related financial reporting disclosures;
- Manage the preparation and review of the legal entity tax accounting, forecasting, and related analytics that support Controllership, Treasury, and Corporate Planning;
- Prepare executive analysis of quarterly tax results for reporting to the senior business leaders
- Partner across the Global Tax and the broader Finance organization to maintain process and control documentation; and
- Design, develop and lead the implementation of initiatives to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Tax Department’s key processes and controls that impact global tax accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with 8+ years of ASC 740 experience working for public accounting firm and/or SEC filer
- CPA and/or Masters in Tax a plus
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to communicate tax accounting issues with clarity and brevity in written and verbal form
- Proven track record of working productively in a team-oriented environment with competing priorities
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience using Oracle and/or CORPTAX a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time