American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Credit Approval Manager
In addition to production, the candidate will be responsible for identifying and managing multiple strategic and analytical projects from ideation through implementation aimed at reducing friction and improving underwriting effectiveness. The role will include a focus on process improvements, building strong relationships with partners across the Company and working closely with the Global Servicing Network Strategy team in driving optimal strategy for commercial underwriting.
- Solid understanding of business financial statement analysis is required as well as experience with the preparation and presentation of credit decisions to senior management
- The candidate will be an experienced credit decision maker with strong understanding of risk assessment techniques such as risk rating & probability of default, financial statement analysis, industry evaluation and general macroeconomic environment impacts
- Proven successful track record of delivering projects on time, and should have a demonstrated ability to achieve and surpass goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Possess an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and have exceptional thought leadership skills
- Candidate must have a current actionable and quantifiable development plan focused on personal and professional development
- Ability to influence opinions and drive results without direct authority and skilled in analyzing data to discover trends, defect rates, etc.
- Ability to interface with customers to outline options and requirements for loan fulfillment
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strengths in organization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and commitment to success
- Base level comfort with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field and/or equivalent work with a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in direct business and underwriting at a financial institution
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time