American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Pricing Manager - Global Merchant Services
This Manager position sits in the Merchant Services Japan, Asia Pacific & Australia (JAPA) Pricing team within GMS Pricing and is responsible for driving the strategy and analysis of various regional merchant negotiations as well as broad-scale pricing initiatives aimed at preserving our merchant discount rate while balancing the organizations goal for profitable charge volume and merchant expansion.
• Partner closely with Client Management and Acquisition teams to provide strategic and analytical support on negotiations with JAPA merchants
• Provide thought leadership and creativity to develop problem-solving strategies, including pricing terms, value exchange levers, trade-offs, to secure key financial and non-financial terms
• Prepare a comprehensive knowledge base about the merchant’s past performance, peer set comparison, external benchmarks, expected charge volume and growth in future years
• Evaluate and develop business cases for various merchant pricing scenarios and model P&L impacts
• Identify opportunities to share best practices across deals and streamline the implementation of contract terms
• Support core central processes such as annual investment process, rate review process and pricing initiative project management
• Strategic thought leader with the ability to work through unstructured problems and develop clear action plans
• Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence. Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
• Creative thinker who is willing to question traditional ways of doing things and develop new approaches to old challenges
• Strong project management skills with full ownership from analysis through to implementation
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
• Minimum 3 years of professional work experience
• MBA, Pricing and GMS experience preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time