Your day-to-day activities will largely be determined by business requirements and the needs of our employees. One week you could be facilitating a new hire program to new recruits, and another week you could be in the Service Center with front-line consultants, coaching to their individual performance needs. Much of our work is aligned to Call Center metrics, and so the ability to identify performance gaps, implement learning solutions and improve performance is critical. Key responsibilities include:
• Using business reports to proactively identify performance improvement opportunities in the market
• Consulting with Operations and Learning Leaders on learning strategies and solutions to drive performance and achievement of business goals
• Delivering new hire and upskill training through classroom learning, on-the-job activities and coaching, etc.
• Partnering with Operational Leaders to identify learning opportunities and provide solutions
• Track impact of learning activities on key operational metrics and measure learner satisfaction
• Collaborate with Learning & Development colleagues to strengthen our offerings and support achievement of common goal across the global team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The technical nature of this role means that you need to have a Travel and/or Lifestyle background. We also need you to have experience supporting and improving the performance of others. Ideally you will have:
• 2 years’ experience in Learning Delivery – this can include classroom training, Coaching, Mentoring, and leading on-the-job activities.
• • 2 years’ experience in any airline/hotel reservation using a GDS, preferably as a consultant in the Travel industry.
• 2 years’ experience in a customer-facing servicing role.
The most successful people in our team combine their professional excellence with flexibility, adaptability and willingness to do things differently. And obviously a love of learning is mandatory! We are particularly interested in talking to people who demonstrate:
• A Growth Mindset – the ability to drive new thinking, embrace challenges, continuously improve and build partnerships.
• Personal Change Management – we work in a very fast-changing business and plans often change without much notice. The ability to work with these changes and bounce back is essential.
• Optimism and a ‘Can Do’ attitude – we want to work with fun and confident people who infect others with their positivity!
• Fantastic Communication Skills – your job involves talking to people every day, so the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
• Being a Team Player – celebrating success of others and learning from their experiences.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time