American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assistant Manager, External Acquisition
Are you a talented digital marketer with a passion for online media and advertising? Do you currently work in the fields of programmatic, mobile, video or social advertising or have a burning desire to get into these fields? If so, this role may be for you.
This critical role sits in the Premium Card Services (PCS) team and is responsible for driving new Card members through sophisticated digital advertising strategies. Supporting the Senior Manager, Digital Media, you will focus on developing and implementing acquisition initiatives and have a strong focus on driving results through effective optimization of existing programs while also developing new innovative digital ad programs. Key channels include Display Media, Mobile, Digital Video and Social (Facebook) advertising.
The successful candidate will have a balance of core marketing, digital and analytical abilities. Critical is a comfort for accountability in driving results and a passion for digital. In return, you will be working in some of the most cutting edge fields of digital marketing and have access to experts and global best practice. Usage of the latest techniques such as programmatic buying and digital audience targeting is an important feature of this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the marketing execution across multiple digital advertising channels to achieve significant card targets
- Development and on-going optimisation of digital media plans with our media agency effectively allocating our budget against programmatic buying, mobile, video and social channels
- Creative development of new assets including display banners, digital videos, mobile assets, social ads and landing pages
- Working with Tech teams to flawlessly launch new assets and offers, including tagging, analytics and tracking setup
- Strong engagement with our key agency partners (creative, media buying etc…)
- Analysis of acquisition results including publisher performance data and site analytics to inform future business decisions
- Liaising with Partner companies to drive optimal digital marketing in partner channels
- Presentation of results, initiatives and creative work to senior leadership
- Partnering with International teams to leverage global best practice and align strategies
- Collaboration with Product, Legal and Compliance, and other internal and external parties, to ensure cross-team alignment and accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Development and implementation of acquisition marketing activity across multiple Digital channels
- Supporting the Senior Manager through strategy development and execution to achieve goals
- Development of new creative assets across Digital channels through effective agency management
- Development and optimisation of media plans across programmatic buying and other key channels
- Management and implementation of Digital activity including landing page development, media ad tracking, URL management, liaising with Tech team to ensure flawless implementation
- Analysis and reporting of campaign activity, including developing insights to improve future activity
- Point of contact for channels for escalations and resolution
- Liaising with central teams, vendors and other internal teams to influence, gain alignment and drive Acquisition initiatives
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Solid marketing experience, ideally with a combination of Digital and Campaign Execution
- Strong will to win; comfortable with owning acquisition goals
- Experience with Digital Media, including programmatic buying, video & mobile advertising, social advertising a major plus
- Understanding of ad tracking, tag management and marketing tech a strong plus
- Experience in managing multiple campaigns simultaneously, to deliver on time and with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to a high performing team
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time