American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
American Express BSE-COE is a Centre of Excellence based out of India and caters to multiple Businesses across American Express. Multiple teams within COE offer powerful data and actionable insights to help businesses improve performance and capitalize on new opportunities. The job uses a broad set of analytical tools/techniques for data cleansing, data extraction, analysis & transformation, data interpretation & insights, and turn-key bundled analytic & reporting solutions.
American express has 2 major businesses; each focused on the Consumer and Commercial payment products. The Global Commercial Payments (GCP) business at American Express is where the next stage of growth is expected to come from. The organization is focused on delivering increased billings and profitability from B2B products that focus on T&E as well as Raw Material / Inventory spend. Accelerating growth momentum, increasing profitability, and powering up our value proposition are key objectives for GCP organization. The Data, Strategy & Insights (DS&I) India team within GCP is instrumental in driving these objectives by providing actionable data driven insights and consultative solutions to corporate clients across the globe. Team is on its way to drive over $1B of top line growth in 2016 and is now being positioned as a competitive advantage. The listed role in the Spend Enablement CoE within DS&I India is an exciting opportunity to stream line a high opportunity process. Buyer Initiated Payment (BIP) process streamlining can lead to significantly higher earnings and business gains for blue box. The role requires the incumbent to:
• Be strong in managing the requirements gathering, planning and execution of the process improvement project.
• Be strong on collaborating across platforms and inter linked project opportunities to deliver on GMS and GCP business growth expectations.
• Be nimble with time sensitivity as the key skill to deliver on high priority business commitment.
• 2 – 3 years of overall experience in data research, analysis and operations role involving efficiency gain examples across business units. Candidates with roles across multiple business units will have added advantage.
• A proven track of being part of time sensitive deliverables around key business goals.
• Experience in payments, financial sector (any other relevant) industry preferred.
• Experience in SQL, SAS added advantage
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Bachelors in Engineering, commerce or related fields is strongly desired
• Team Lead Experience required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to formulate and communicate strategies in a clear and compelling way
• Research oriented mindset to break through ambiguous situations.
• A demonstrated ability to work in high-pressure situations with minimal errors
• An optimistic and growth mindset with a tremendous will to win
• Should be able to function with minimum supervision with high sense of ownership
• Should be comfortable with flexible shift timings to support the international business
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time