American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Training Manager, Global Strategy & Capabilities-Training & Enablement
Global Merchant Network Services (GMNS) has relationships with millions of merchant businesses in more than 25 countries. The people, processes and technology that support this vital function are evolving to improve the merchant experience and economics. The GMNS Strategy & Capabilities (GS&C) team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class premium merchant member experience that will get merchants to not only accept American Express, but openly welcome and recommend us to their customers.
Within GS&C, the Training & Enablement team is responsible for consulting with stakeholders and creating innovative and value-add change management, communication, and L&D (learning & development) solutions for the GMS Sales & Client Management organizations. This includes programs to support new hires, core skill development (e.g. effective selling and financial acumen) and other business critical initiatives, all of which lead to empowering CLMs to manage merchant relationships with impact.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep understanding of the GMNS organization, develop and refine strategies and specific training solutions, and work with exposure to and insight from GMNS leadership.
- Consult with GMNS leaders and internal business partners to analyze employee performance gaps and lead the development of global learning and enablement solutions that address the gap and drive the success of the Sales and CLM organizations.
- Partner with global colleagues and external partners to develop, implement, facilitate and assess global learning solutions with region/market/segment customization as required.
- Develop, implement and iterate engagement strategies to drive maximum use and value to Sales and CLM organizations.
- Proven ability and desire to challenge the status quo, and flexibility to work within “white space”.
- Track record of developing winning strategies and converting them into clear plans for execution.
- Strong analytical skills to review multiple data sources to develop insights, and translate them into actionable plans that will drive business growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a successful track record of presenting to audiences of multiple levels.
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, and balance multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to build relationships across various stakeholders and influence without authority on high visibility projects.
- Keen attention to detail, high degree of accountability and integrity.
- Experience in strategy, consulting or change management (preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in building community and/or channel engagement (preferred).
- MBA or relevant master’s degree (preferred).
- Ability to travel (up to 10%).
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time