American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager - Strategic Investment Management
Global Commercial Services has established Global Digital Capabilities, Transformation & Operations to serve at the intersection of business and technology. This organization builds business capabilities, enables global consistency, and drives operational excellence. The team develops key product and operational capabilities and the underlying technology platforms that run the commercial business.
The Senior Manager of Strategic Investment Management will report into the Director of Strategic Investment Management and will be part of the Transformation Management Office (TMO) under the newly formed Global Digital Capabilities Transformation and Operations (GDCT&O). The Transformation office delivers high-impact outcomes for GCS by leading investment strategy, business transformation, and strategic cross-functional initiatives.
The Strategic Investment Management team will have primary responsibility for managing GCS’s portfolio of technology investments, partnering closely with GCS Finance, GCS Technology and Global Product Management teams. The team is responsible for the prioritization of technology investments across the portfolio, assessing execution feasibility of technology investments and representing GDCT&O teams in the investment management process
- Assist in optimizing the end to end investment management and planning process.
- Prioritize technology investments on an ongoing basis, informed by progress against development roadmaps and milestones as well as change in strategic direction
- Conduct feasibility and dependency assessments of technology investments as part of the standard investment management approval process
- Act as champion for GDCT&O teams in liaising with GCP Finance and GCP Technology as it relates to funding adjustments and reporting
- Provide thought leadership on redesigning investment management processes and investment roadmaps to enable greater efficiencies and visibility into performance across the portfolio
- Demonstrated ability in developing winning strategies as well as driving results through effective project management
- Ability to navigate a large global organization and develop strong relationships across teams with multiple stakeholders in a dynamic and changing environment
- A self-starter having demonstrated ability to work effectively through complex processes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and experience working with senior leaders
- Strong analytical skills and high data accuracy with superior attention to detail
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of the agile methodology
- A Bachelor's degree is required; MBA preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time