American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Business Planning
Incumbent will also support VP/GM in effective presentation and communication of strategic priorities and progress against milestones set for the business.
This is an excellent developmental assignment for an individual with high growth potential in the organisation. Exposure to a wide cross section of business challenges and opportunities offers excellent scope for learning to an individual with the right skill set.
- Provide P&L management support to the Market GM including monthly revenue and opex analysis, and coordination of market gap closing initiatives as required.
- Manage the market A&P and Opex tracking, analysis of investment financial returns and lead the monthly investment spend review with Market GM.
- Manage the SQP process including CBA’s and prepare, validate and submit monthly investment tracker to Regional SQP Champion.
- Co-ordination and management of all Scorecard metrics, ensuring alignment with JAPA regional and local market targets, including monthly review and tracking.
- Manage the accrual process and ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Development of bespoke market/business-specific reporting, ensuring data is consistent with regional/global reporting.
- Support the annual market financial plan process.
- Development and co-ordination of market BURs, X-LOB presentations and ad-hoc senior leader presentations.
- Identify key internal and external strategic trends, risks and opportunities that impact the GMS business (Compliance).
- Support strategic business projects/initiatives through internal stakeholder engagement with GMS leaders, Issuers, Finance, Risk to enable successful strategy execution.
- Proven ability to drive the execution of plans and the development of tracking tools.
- Strong analytical skills and solid knowledge and understanding of economic models and the competitive environment, with Merchant Services and Issuer experience desirable.
- Proven ability to achieve a highly collaborative partnership with sales leaders to achieve sales results.
- Proven ability to build and leverage relationships across the Blue Box in the JAPA region to enable execution of strategy.
- Successful day-to-day management of multiple projects.
- Experience in P&L management support and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to interact effectively at a senior management level.
- Strong knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time