American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer - Window Server Architecture
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Infrastructure maintenance in a Windows Server environment
- Management of infrastructure support ticket queues
- Maintain infrastructure delivery SLAs
- Manage / provide oversight of server patching
- Assist lead in new VM and HW designs
- Maintain critical relationships with other technical teams (TIMS, Network, etc)
- System monitoring
- Assist in the development of automation tools
- Validate patching and other system changes
- Create and manage RFC process
- Create and manage data flows for firewall changes
- Cert management
Are you up for the challenge?
- CIS Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- MS SQL 2008 - 2014
- VMware 5.5 - 6.5
- Server Hardware experience
- Basic Network knowledge
- SSL and SFT background
- Service Now and Change Management processes
- NICE and Aspect application experience a plus
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
- Strong communication skills
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time