American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Creative Director – OnBrand (In-House Agency at American Express)
American Express is hiring a Creative Director for its OnBrand (In-House Agency) in New York City.
The American Express Brand is our most important asset. In 2018 and beyond, the company will be rallying behind one unifying global brand strategy, which will manifest internally, through various employee touch points, and externally, through a new creative platform.
The OnBrand, Design & Innovation team, within Global Advertising and Brand Management (GABM), will play an integral role in delivering against an ambitious goal to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500. We are responsible for defining the global visual identity for American Express and implementing it through 3D and 2D design initiatives across various channels, business units, and markets.
The Creative Director for OnBrand will serve as a creative leader who can develop original design concepts, global marketing campaigns, build and motivate a team of creatives working across a multitude of marketing channels for our American Express products and services. This leader will report directly to the VP of OnBrand, Design & Innovation and is primarily responsible for delivering best-in-class creative, overseeing end-to-end management of design for the team, managing client relationships in all things related to creative, and ensuring creative excellence on every project the team delivers. The Creative Director will also play a key role in supporting the growth of OnBrand throughout the enterprise.
- Implement & manage overall production, design planning and strategic development of OnBrand
- Expert project management skills with proven record of successfully implementing complex initiatives
- Planning and management of a diverse set of initiatives
- Confident in everything from team building and mentoring to guiding various levels of creative talent.
- Effective presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels in the organization.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets and availabilities change, and we need someone who can flex to meet these changing needs.
- Thorough knowledge of American Express Brand Strategy and Visual Identity.
- Well-rounded marketer with 7+ years of experience with at least 5 years in creative management roles.
- Experience as an art director, creative director, or lead designer at a creative agency.
- Print and Digital design expertise including interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, coding, prototyping, digital marketing and the creative process, as well as new platforms and technologies.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of design studio operations and workflows.
- Ability to provide clear creative direction as well as timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes that keep work on budget and schedule.
- Energetic, self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent collaborator with the ability to influence across and upwards.
- Polished, persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to consistently drive results.
- Assertive with the ability to constructively challenge the status quo and drive innovation.
- Strong people leader – ability to engage and inspire.
- A belief in relationships as a way of doing business.
- Experience working in a corporate environment a plus.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. PowerPoint design knowledge is a plus.
With your application, please include a link to your online portfolio to be considered.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time