American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Designer, OnBrand (In-House Creative Services)
The American Express Brand is our most important asset. In 2018 and beyond, the company will be rallying behind one unifying global brand strategy, which will manifest internally, through various employee touch points, and externally, through a new creative platform.
The OnBrand, Design & Innovation team, within Global Advertising and Brand Management (GABM), will play an integral role in delivering against an ambitious goal to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500. We are responsible for defining the global visual identity for American Express and implementing it through 3D and 2D design initiatives across various channels, business units, and markets.
The Senior Designer for OnBrand will be responsible for the creative output and integrity of the department. Besides having award-winning design skills, the candidate will be a key member of a creative team working with clients that demand perfection. He/she will work closely with, and support the Creative Director to ensure the delivery of best-in-class creative and on brand marketing communications.
The candidate will need to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage the end-to-end creative process to ensure that brand standards are met. As projects come in, he/she will collaborate with the Account team and Creative Director to obtain project requirements, determine allocation of work and provide creative recommendations, as needed, with the design team.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need an expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with hands-on experience working across print and web/digital design. Assignments can range from email campaigns, web banners, UI design to brochures, posters, corporate literature and more as the team continues to grow.
He/she must be comfortable presenting to clients and be one of the creative faces of the department.
- Partner with the Creative Director and designers to deliver best-in-class creative.
- Identify and resolve any creative challenges.
- Partner with all levels of the OnBrand team to align, clarify, or decide on creative needs.
- Provide creative oversight with designers and production team.
- Work with developers to deliver coding for web/digital marketing assignments.
- Deliver 100% brand compliant design solutions.
- Ability to articulate the creative process with clients to earn their trust.
- Attend client briefing and provide estimates for budgeting and schedules.
- Effective verbal and written presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of American Express Brand Strategy and Visual Identity.
- The successful candidate must have a passion to deliver superior design.
- Award-winning design skills across print and digital environments.
- Expert communication skills to articulate OnBrand’s mission of quality, as it relates to design.
- Ability to time manage and organize creative workloads with colleagues, partners and vendors.
- Expert knowledge of branding and its purpose to build brand value.
- Agency or in-house agency experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in art/design school is required.
- 5+ years of experience in creative leadership and operations roles.
- Experience working in a corporate environment a plus.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. PowerPoint design knowledge is a plus.
With your application, please include a link to your online portfolio to be considered.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time