American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
This is an exciting pan-European role allowing great exposure across EMEA markets, working across merchant business groups including Acquisition, Client Management and Global Network and International Card Services.
This position sits within the EMEA Merchant Pricing team, which reports into Global Merchant Pricing. Global Merchant Pricing manages merchant discount rates globally, which generate over 50% of American Express’ revenues and enable American Express to invest in premium products and services to Cardmembers and merchants.
The role focuses on supporting acquisition and key account renegotiation strategies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Accurately quantify the value of American Express Card acceptance to key merchant prospects and existing accounts across Europe
- Support Merchant Acquisition in developing deal analytics to support negotiation strategy for top prospects, and Client Management with renegotiations, including: Advise on the range of options available to maintain the relationship whilst driving coverage expansion, revenue growth and provide detailed quantification of value delivered and deal profitability
- Create customer facing presentations using deal analytics and stakeholder input
- Develop and maintain appropriate marketplace intelligence on key financial data for the largest merchants and industry sectors in Europe, relevant industry developments, and strategies of the key players
- Maintain an understanding of the internal and external environment, including competitor data, and regulatory developments. Triangulate across data points to ensure an external perspective is applied
- Develop, test, and implement new pricing structures which maintain or grow merchant revenues, whilst supporting coverage, suppression, & satisfaction objectives
- Leverage Global Pricing team network by sharing best practice & adapting successful initiatives to meet regional/market needs
- Drive key pan-European and inter-regional pricing strategies in key industries
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Outstanding analytic skills
- Excellent relationship management skills, negotiation, and influencing abilities, with a track record of building and leveraging relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communications: the candidate should feel comfortable presenting to and influencing senior management
- Enjoy fast paced environments including tight turnarounds
- Experience working across regions, markets, functions and business lines
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thought leadership, including synthesizing complex issues into specific plans and actions
- Good attention to detail
- Good project management skills
- An understanding of the Payment Systems world (including non-American Express entities) would be advantageous
- Fluency in another European language (especially French, German, Italian, Spanish or Dutch) would be an advantage
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time