American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Information Security Specialist - Privileged Access Management (UNIX/Linux)
- Strong UNIX/Linux skills with a track record of delivering practical solutions in a large, complex enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of the SSH protocol, use cases, and SSH keys configuration and management.
- Understand the challenges of security in a DevOps cloud-based world (OpenShift, Docker, Jenkins, cloud orchestration and instrumentation, etc.).
- Deep understanding of legacy enterprise IT architectures, current best practices, and ability to see what’s coming.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and change the world.
- Interest in being a subject matter expert for Privileged Access Management; automated enterprise password management, privileged user entitlements management, and secure portal session management.
- Vision to define the future and how we’ll get there.
- Ability to develop and deliver solutions that reduce risk, improve the user experience, and are cost-effective to own and operate.
- Unafraid – welcoming of challenges that others dare not face.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to convey meaning to technical colleagues while also being able to convince a CEO in plain English why your idea is the right idea. Able to be concise, interesting, and unambiguous.
- Strong track record of leadership – you made those around you better, left your mark on the company, and you’re respected by those you lead and also by your peers and other leaders.
- Recognized as a talented and innovative solutions provider who understands fundamental ITIL methods and constant improvement in a never-perfect world.
- Able to think about and understand the business requirements in order to apply them against technical solutions design, implementation, and operational delivery.
- Ten years experience in large enterprise IT environments.
- Relevant IT and Information Security certifications (ITIL, TOGAF, CISSP, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to develop and leverage relationships with business partners, IT leaders, and colleagues.
- Able to assimilate relevant information and understand the opportunities and implications.
- Up to date with the latest technology advancements.
- Knowledge of enterprise architectural standards and best practices.
- Able to adapt and manage priorities while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to anticipate and see the game-changing information on the periphery of your discipline.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time