Senior Analyst - Global Financial Crime Compliance, Japan Market Compliance
1. Perform reviews and investigation on Sanction and PEPs alerts. Independently conduct the research using relevant tools and make a decision on each case.
2. Perform reviews and investigation of suspicious activities and prepare necessary Suspicious Transaction Reporting tor the regulator.
3. Partner with Global Financial Crime Compliance (GFCC) team to execute local implementation of Global compliance requirements over AML/CFT, Sanctions and Anti-corruption areas.
4. Maintain up-to-date and accurate Japan Compliance program inventory (policies & procedures, training and monitoring) to validate compliance accountability.
5. Develop and maintain up-to-date local compliance policies & procedures by effectively incorporating necessary local regulatory requirements against rapidly changing business products & underlying operations.
6. Develop and deliver up-to-date regulatory compliance trainings to the required local employees, by effectively incorporating necessary local regulatory requirements against rapidly changing business products & underlying operations.
7. Support the direct leader in evaluation of the pertinent regulatory requirements over GFCC area. Keep up-to-date with critical regulatory developments and evaluate necessary compliance actions as needed.
8. Provide compliance advice to business partners in evaluation of effectiveness of compliance program within business groups, support implementation of necessary compliance actions, consultation & development of appropriate remediation actions as per the regulatory expectation.
9. As needed, support facilitation of compliance projects and initiatives to fulfill regulatory requirements, under the direction of the direct leader.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
-Native level Japanese fluency (written / verbal) and Excellent English communication skills (written / verbal) .
-Minimum 5 years of direct regulatory compliance or legal experience in Japan.
-Professional certifications or Diplomas in compliance / AML relevant area.
-Strong understanding of the Japan regulatory requirements for retail consumer financial services or credit card business.
-Experience in dealing with the regulators on compliance matters. .
-Strong understanding of & experience in AML/CTF and Sanctions operations at global financial institutions.
-Strong understanding of credit card and/or retail consumer banking business models at a global financial institutions, with complex system & technology infrastructure and a matrix organizational structure.
-Strong understanding of internal controls. Hands-on experience or professional certifications in internal controls. Ability to identify control defects and develop remediation by reviewing & evaluating existing business processes.
-Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and writing, to be able to effectively develop regulatory policies & procedures and conduct training over the pertinent regulatory requirements.
-Experience in working effectively in a globally-complex matrix organization across diverse business groups and product lines.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): フルタイム