American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assistant Manager – Strategic Initiatives and Key Project
This position supports the entire sales organization, contributing to sales planning, team management and strategy development. The role will be a key member of the Sales Leadership Team working closely with the regional teams and Business Partners, and will have responsibility for creation of agendas and content for leadership meetings, managing planning processes and facilitating team communication. This role is ideal for someone with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, translate complex issues into practical work streams to progress the business agenda and establish collaborative partnerships from across the organization. The candidate will handle a broad range of projects, collaborating with a variety of internal business partners.
• Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities with medium to long term objectives
• Participate on the Consumer Sales India Leadership Team, develop meeting objectives, organize meetings and provide proactive support to the Leadership Team on ad hoc projects
• Manage business planning and operational processes for the VP office, including scorecards and budgeting
• Support key employee annual processes. Oversee employee facing communications
• Develop clear presentations for a variety of audiences
• Partner and maintain strong, positive relationships within American Express across markets and at all levels in the organization
• Provide strategic support on a range of complex issues and projects as required
• Facilitation of Product and Program reviews and performance tracking
• Prioritization around key strategic initiatives across the organization, especially those that require cross-business collaboration
• This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
• Post Graduate in Management with a strong business and strategic acumen.
• The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and lead projects with limited guidance.
• The individual must be a culturally-aware strong communicator who can effectively multi-task and prioritize as business needs evolve.
• A strong strategic thinker who possesses the confidence and composure required to effectively communicate with senior management
• Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Strong relationship building skills with proven ability to influence without authority across peers and superiors and drive projects with little direction
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Superior organization and planning skills are essential
• Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to changing circumstances, make decisions quickly and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
• High level of integrity required for handling confidential information
• Capable of high levels of output with an optimistic `Growth Mindset` attitude
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time