American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sales Acquisition Specialist - North East
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more. We are committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast growing business.
Within our Commercial Organization, we are looking for an independent, self-motivated, and experienced Sales Acquisition Specialist responsible for growing our customer base with a focus on North East Italy area.
The successful candidate has to manage a pipeline of corporate prospect to acquire new customers with strong hunting attitude, build relationships with senior customer decision-makers and lead the sales approach and strategy with prospects; sign new Clients and/or drive corporate sales development; Develop Sales/Marketing plans for new signings and Charge Volume expansion opportunities in T&E and B2B negotiations.
To be successful in the position, the candidate must be able to work efficiently across different lines of business, research and develop an in-depth understanding of the different industries, effectively filter and qualify prospects, and build a pipeline to ensure annual targets are met, sometimes through very complex negotiations.
- Prospecting through cold calling and networking to obtain new contacts within the financial and payments industry
- Lead generation through Partners to facilitate prospect introduction
- Practice our consultative sales approach to uncover clients’ needs
- Present our value proposition and finalize sales using strong closing skills
- Prepare proposals and negotiate terms of sales agreement
- Build pipeline consisting of multi-million size opportunities
- Consistently manage and produce accurate sales forecast and pipeline using SalesForce
- Manage multiple complex sales cycles
- Meet required sales activities including presentations, proposals, and sales quotas
- Able to work with internal stakeholder (credit, risk, legal, compliance, pricing) and ability to navigate through complexity
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Strong sales skills with three to five years sales experience with a focus on North East area (the ideal candidate is base in Friuli or Veneto areas)
- Structured sales approach and ability to build sales approaches in new industries
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a commercial results driven approach
- Will to win with a track record of building a sales pipeline and exceeding sales targets;
- Strategic/Consultative selling experience
- Extensive cold calling experience
- Intense field activity across the territory
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, very good negotiation and decision-making skills, strong quantitative and analytical skills
- High level of motivation and ability to instill this in others, ability to manage their own pipeline and drive success
- Proven account/ senior-level selling capabilities, proven negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to manage own pipeline
- Ability to collaborate and influence others
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Proven knowledge of PC software (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Experience in a similar position within a solution/ service selling company
- Drive for results and to achieve sales targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to navigate a complex business
- Professional English level
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time