American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Works closely with other developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Contribute insights into ways to improve our processes and tools
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Collaborates with project manager and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the Android application
- Provides thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field.
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps, mobile payments, and wearables
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in Android Development and 3 years of experience in Software Development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and - execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Great knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java for Android, Android SDK and Android Studio
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience working with testing suites
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI) and its use in testing, building and deploying Android apps
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github and gitflow.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with payments technology is a plus
- Experience in speaking in public forums and conferences is a plus.
- Experience in contributing to open source software and being active in the android community is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time