American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
This is a Band 30 position.
This opportunity is on the American Express Global Acquisition team, which focuses on acquiring new customers by providing world class digital experience and engagement.
We are seeking world-class problem solvers who have a passion for technology and a relentless focus on execution and delivery. You will be most successful with a healthy combination of both technical skill and business acumen.
Primarily Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of American Express Products.
- Developing new user-facing features and applications using React.js and Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making.
- Analyze channel performance, design and execute experiments, research, financial models and other mechanisms to identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Behaviors:
- Graduating with either an undergrad or graduate technical/quantitative degree from a top-tier institution. Degrees in Computer Science or Information technology are a big plus.
- Significant experience with Java script.
- Has familiarity with web framework (React, Ember, Angular) and tools.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token, OAUTH
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Passionate about problem solving.
- Demonstrates ability to translate business questions into structured analysis and data analytics into business insights.
- Strategic thinking and mental flexibility to be able to understand both the details of the problem, as well as, the big picture/business solution.
- Exhibits exceptional written and verbal communication skill with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership.
- Prefers data-driven decisions and highly results-oriented.
- Experience with experimentation and A/B testing is a big plus.
- Enjoys having fun and truly wants to make real impact in their work.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time