American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager - Client Management (NYC)
This Client Manager (CLM) position is responsible for managing a portfolio of approximately 90 merchants from B2B and B2C companies representing over $650 million in annual American Express (Amex) charge volume. These are well-known brands across various industries and verticals including restaurant, retail, lodging, charities, business and professional services.
Responsibilities include managing and expanding American Express’ merchant relationships through developing and delivering valuable insights, solutions, consultation and creativity. This includes establishing deep, mutually beneficial and profitable, relationships with the merchants and driving incremental revenue to the merchant and Amex. By understanding the merchant's organization and industry, and applying knowledge of American Express, CLMs serve as consultants within Amex to develop and sell customized Amex solutions that help merchants manage and optimize their investments, payment processing and card acceptance experiences.
Do you enjoy a dynamic, collaborative work environment where you can make a mark? Are you someone who knows how to drive significant business results and new partnerships? Are you excited to join a team culture that is opportunistic, innovative, accountable, customer-oriented and results-focused? If so, this role is for you.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 90 strategic cross industry merchants located in Manhattan.
- Establish and build strong relationships through consistent in-person interaction with merchants regarding their business model, industry, marketplace, etc.
- Elevate, deepen and broaden C-Level, Finance, Treasury, Sales and Marketing Relationships within portfolio with focus on leveraging those relationships to drive revenue for Amex.
- Provide proactive consultation to drive business growth and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute strategic account plans to grow Amex revenue, market share and increase profitability.
- Increase Amex relevance by consistently and effectively communicating the value story.
- Consistently track / evaluate business results with a focus on moving opportunities through sales pipeline
- Build and leverage relationships with internal network to efficiently execute against account growth plans.
- Strong track record of relationship management and consultative selling skills with a demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and deepen partnerships with customers, and identify and drive profitability within the portfolio.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on manipulating merchant metrics in excel to determine portfolio strategy / approach
- Excellent financial skills, strong qualitative and analytical skills and the ability to prepare financial analysis in order to support value propositions and support growth proposals.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills are required.
- Highly customer focused, a self-starter and a results-driven individual.
- Ability to articulate value proposition and connect it to the customer’s business model
- Strong presentation/negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility.
- Proven success of influencing and collaborating with C-level decision makers.
- Excellent oral/written communication and be proficient in MS Office applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven success in account management/sales and portfolio planning preferred.
- Position is Club based with candidate residing in or near New York City.
- Educational requirement: Minimum of a college degree, MBA preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time