Campus – 2019 Technology Software Engineer Intern
Make a big digital impact this summer.
Are you ready to challenge every day? Join the Technology team at American Express as a summer intern and you’ll influence and strengthen the core businesses across the organization. Use your digital knowledge and problem-solving skills to help plan, design, develop and implement the next generation of innovative solutions. While you keep current on the tech front and informed on e-business, you will be part of the team that makes American Express the industry leader in cutting-edge, technology-based business solutions.
Technology intern opportunities are available in
Phoenix, AZ, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, and New York, NY.
Join the team and make an impact right away:
• Function as a core member of an agile team working on API specs, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
• Design and develop new customer-facing applications on multiple channels like native iOS, Android, web, social integration and Java services/APIs
• Design and implement web-enabled systems for data collection
We have the know-how, technology and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. All that's missing is you! Do you meet the below requirements?
• Passion for coding
• Ability to identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• Hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
• Creative and digital mind-set
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2021
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th, 2019.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Tags: USTech, GH2018
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time