American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Merchant Marketing Canada
Improving Merchant Engagement and Satisfaction:
- Refresh and comprehensively package the value we deliver to merchants while seamlessly integrating the new Global Brand Strategy into all messaging.
- Lead overall direct to merchant communication strategies for key merchant segments, with a focus on scaling trigger and automation marketing.
- Enhance the merchant value proposition to deliver American Express competitive differentiation. Conduct local merchant value proposition assessments and create a value prop roadmap for Canada in partnership with key stakeholders.
Merchant Experience Enhancements
- Lead the partnership with the Global Services Group (GSG) on customer experience servicing strategies to improve key Net Promoter Score (NPS) drivers.
- Oversee and partner with the Global Merchant Interactive team on the Canadian Merchant Website and local roll out of Online Merchant Account capability enhancements.
- Identify policy and process improvements to improve merchant satisfaction.
Field Marketing and Enablement
- Devise effective field enablement marketing tactics to ensure customer facing teams are equipped with and using the right tools and collateral to engage with merchants.
- Manage SMART 2.0 platform inclusive of Business Insights and Amex Advantage value story modules.
- Leverage internal and external data sources to develop compelling claims across key industries.
Improving Perceptions of Coverage
- Responsible for the strategic management of perception of coverage products and programs to ensure Card Members and Prospects are aware that they can use their American Express Card in more places than ever.
- Collaborate with Issuing Partners, Global Merchant & Network Services partners and central product teams to deliver a comprehensive Blue Box Coverage Marketing Strategy.
- Manage the development and messaging for key coverage programs including the Shop Small Map, Small Merchant Recommendations, and Coverage Claims.
- Lead the Point of Purchase Signage efforts including product strategy, value messaging and inventory management.
- Merchant and/or B2B Marketing experience is preferred, particularly in the Canadian market
- A strong customer-first mindset – A passion for learning and understanding the needs of our merchants
- Proven, inspirational leader who invests in the development of his/her teams
- Effective at influencing executive level stakeholders across functional areas, and managing external partners
- Ability to innovate through agency partners and creative teams, balancing an understanding of the company’s competitive advantages and merchant needs
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time