Get a first-class start to your travel industry career.
If you have a natural flair for exceptional customer service, an aptitude for learning and a true passion for travel, this role is for you. With an intensive 12-week, paid training and mentoring program, here’s your chance to become a highly skilled Travel Consultant. Are you up for the challenge to join a leader in the travel industry?
[What you’ll be doing]
From learner to leader, see the bigger picture.
Once you’ve completed the training, you will be ready to take whatever travel request comes your way in our customer contact center:
- You will delight our Premium Card Members with unforgettable and unexpected experiences
- As a consultant, you will refine understanding by asking personalized fact finding questions
- If you are not a travel expert yet, you will know where to look to find the information you need
- You will research, plan and execute customized travel experiences, through booking domestic and international flights, car and/or hotel travel arrangements
- You will always put the Card Member’s experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the WOW and winning their loyalty
What you need to thrive
· Proven ability to provide extraordinary customer service
· Experience servicing customers ideally in travel, hospitality, high-end customer service or sales roles
· A passion for building customer loyalty by carefully listening, building rapport and providing extraordinary customer care, using strong written and verbal communication skills
· Natural consultative skills, with the ability to offer confident recommendations
· Excellent geography knowledge likely gained by being travel curious or through time spent exploring the world
· The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly-evolving circumstances
· Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
· The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
The Phoenix Service Center hours of operation are from 8am - 7pm Monday - Sunday (7 days a week). The scheduled for this class is Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00am – 6:30pm with the expectation of a schedule slide in November 2018 due to DST.
[Who we are]
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time