American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Creative Technologist, One DLS
Creative Technologist, One Design Language System
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. With our mix of assets like rewards, benefits, members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
In order to deliver on a seamless and connected customer experience across channels, the Enterprise Digital Platform team is driving the roadmap for the core platform capabilities, the One Amex platform, that will enable this experience across the enterprise globally. The One DLS (Design Language System) is a critical component of the One Amex platform in driving consistency in the experiences delivered to our customers. We are looking for a Creative Technologist, One DLS, who will be an integral part of the team responsible for creating the common, re-useable DLS components, such as Buttons, Tooltips, Tabs that all the design teams can use to design consistent customer experiences.
- Maintain the DLS code and contribute with new components per other departments’ needs.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver code in an Agile environment, managing deadlines and expectations.
- Perform peer-to-peer code reviews.
- Ensure DLS compliance with Accessibility Standards per WCAG 2.0
- Onboard future employees, other departments and outside agencies to quickly start using the DLS.
- Work with the design team and design process to rapidly create multiple iterations of high-fidelity prototypes to validate or reject ideas.
- Define best practices in prototyping, and help transfer code and ideas between Design and Engineering.
- Collaborate with other experience team members when specific skills are required. i.e. CSS animations for American Express ads.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving media, technology and design landscape including new standards and devices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science or Advertising, or equivalent practical experience.
- Working knowledge CSS Preprocessors such as Sass.
- Ability to write Gulp scripts.
- Experience with industry standards for building user interface – accessibility, responsive design, grid, performance.
- Proficiency with Git and software semantic versioning.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Photoshop, Sketch and Invision.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time