American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager - Partner Integration and Capability
American Express is changing the world at work with innovative solutions that help businesses drive growth. The Commercial Non-Card Lending platform team supports this mission by providing a myriad of financing and payments product capabilities to support the expanding business needs of small and middle-market companies. Working Capital Terms (WCT) is the first in an ever expanding line of a non-card solutions on this new platform which provides short to medium term unsecured financing to businesses for a very low fee. The launch of WCT represents an exciting time at Global Commercial Payments as we expand our business model. Lending to small and medium-sized companies in order to fuel their growth allows us to reinvigorate an important sector of our economy that does not always have easy access to cash. We are seeking an experienced senior manager to be a part of this important transformation to support the development of innovative capabilities and experiences that inspire our customers to enroll in Working Capital Terms and our unique suite of non-Card lending product offerings.
As a Senior Manager, Product Development, you will apply your expertise and data to understand customer needs to help develop and execute on a holistic partner integration and capability strategy. You will define the user experience, identify and direct delivery stakeholders to develop solutions. You will gather and define user requirements, and interface with both internal and external business partners in order to help Amex achieve aggressive business goals while providing innovative, best-in-class solution enhancements for our business customers. You are someone with a good mix of product and tech skill, a deep appreciation for user-centered design and development, and a fascination for technology innovation. You are a strong communicator who is equally adept at talking to senior leaders, partners, developers, engineers, marketers, and customers. You have an understanding of agile development processes and lean startup methods. You are not afraid of pushing boundaries to achieve the best experience for our customers. You are comfortable with white space and taking conceptual solutions and translating them into concrete design and execution plans.
- Develop create and drive product roadmap and define timelines for future features and capabilities
- Develop partnership integration strategy for non-Card lending products
- Interface with external partners to define experience, coordinate project plans, and drive feature delivery
- Build, prioritize, and sequence the feature backlog according to defined metrics including business value, return on investment, and job size
- Actively collaborate with platform and partner scrum teams, technical engineers, and product managers in delivery execution
- Identify use cases, define business processes, and craft end-to-end user flows
- Breakdown complex business requirements into actionable technology user stories
- Develop and implement Test and Learn plan to support ongoing iteration of customer experience and product feature set
- Conduct competitive assessments and develop product recommendations based on analysis
- Partner with partner UX teams to drive customer usability research
- Liaise with product management, new product development, senior leadership, and marketing to translate business strategies and goals into product development plans
- Track and drive delivery and customer experience metrics
- Digital product development experience preferred. You know how to deliver great experiences across mobile and web interfaces
- External partnership experience preferred
- Experience working with software developers and engineers, with a strong ability to translate product requirements and ensure deliverables are built with high quality
- Passionate user advocate with ability to identify and fulfill customer needs
- Respect for user experience, design, and technical systems and architecture. You easily recognize aesthetic and functional details and can make pragmatic decisions about what details are actually important.
- Working knowledge of agile and lean software development methodologies, and the importance of iteration and continuous validation
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize tasks and drive results across various initiatives
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple work-streams
- Ability to analyze issues and business use cases, document analysis, and execute plans to action
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with comfort with data-driven decision making
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly in an environment with evolving business demands
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting cross-functional relationships across diverse set of stakeholders
- Passion for technology and knowledge of industry structure, trends and influential companies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident with the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation. Articulate point of view with a rationale and be able to defend it
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time