American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
This is a Band 28 requisition.
- This role is for Prepaid Servicing & Operations team, CFN part of GSN
- There will be extensive focus to providing superior servicing to sellers and customers globally for prepaid products (Traveler’s Cheque, Gift cards, Travel card)
- Professionally receive and respond to sellers and customers queries globally (sellers- re-supplies, settlements, encashment assistance, acceptance and any other related matters. Refer sellers promptly and courteously to relevant departments where necessary. customers - queries relating to lost/stolen investigation claim, redemptions, authorization calls , refund, general product queries)
- Ensure delivery of quality customer service at all times by achieving appropriate service levels (as per laid out guidelines) and exceed quality standards on a consistent basis
- Follow up with key linkages and the sellers to collect the funds due to American Express and assist Reconciliation team in resolving the exceptions.
- Hold monthly, quarterly calls with Key selling partners in the region to build relationship, continually check for acceptable quality service levels and address concerns
- Review and analyze requests received from Business partners and Customers globally for negotiated Traveller’s Cheque and make informed decision to pay or decline the request post determining if all the compliance requirements are met
- Determine the payment method and accurately process the payments after verifying the bank information
- Strict adherence to all compliance and regulatory requirements
- Prepare and review all refund related bank transfers and manual voucher checks for approval.
- Liaise with various departments e.g. Finance, Item Processing, Paid reconciliation, Risk, Distribution Units and Fraud so as to resolve cases
- Maintain rigorous focus on control and ensure compliance to all policies and procedures. Maintain proper audit trails for all requests processed
- Support the Client Management team in various regional projects
- Interpret risk or fraud data to determine exposure and act to balance service and risk, ensuring appropriate and cost effective decisions and alerting corresponding systems to prevent additional exposure
- Support Six Sigma initiatives in the region
- Graduate and should be proficient in English language with 0-5 years of experience (written/oral)
- Strong bend of mind on customer servicing and relationship care philosophy
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment and maintain strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with cross functional team in a 24/7 working environment. Candidate should be open working in rotational shifts and work over the weekend
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Good listening and decision making skills
- Ability to handle escalated issues politely and courteously to achieve a balance between promise fulfilment and risk
- Must be a self-starter, organized, detail oriented, exceptional time management skills, and able to follow up on multiple priorities simultaneously to accomplish all tasks without sacrificing quality
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and willing to flex hours based on business needs
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to be resilient, flexible and decisive
- Sound knowledge of MS Office applications (MS Excel, Power Point, MS Word, etc)
- Prior background in customer servicing/working in financial institutions would be preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time