American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Marketing Manager, UK Managed Merchant Marketing
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for driving growth, accelerating coverage and enhancing the value of American Express acceptance to merchants and Cardmembers at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all sizes and while focused on Europe, we also work with commerce hubs across the globe including the US, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
This role is within the UK merchant marketing team, the largest market for GMS in Europe, which is responsible for delivering marketing value to UK merchants to grow revenue, drive merchant funded statement credits, transform coverage, drive value, and improve satisfaction across our Merchant base.
Leading a team of 4 direct reports, you will have responsibility for:
- Building relationships with a strategic selection of UK merchants; leading consultative, objective led conversations
- Developing robust strategies and approaches for driving merchant funded statement credits in the UK
- Developing innovative marketing solutions to solve merchant’s commercial challenges, whilst also driving American Express goals
- Driving innovation and a test & learn mindset throughout the team to continue to optimize and challenge current processes, channels and strategies
- Attending merchant meetings and providing marketing expertise
- Working closely with the UK Client management team to support them in all aspects of merchant relationships including renegotiations, cancellation threats and driving goals
- Overseeing creative development, direct marketing processes and key vendor relationships for all marketing activities.
- Partnering with local Marketing and business teams (e.g. Cardmember Marketing, Product, Brand, World Service) to execute campaigns.
- Managing the utilisation and tracking of contractual marketing funds
- Rigorous attention to detail regarding campaign set up, internal governance processes and audits
- People leadership management of a team of 4 high performing individuals
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University Degree (or equivalent) preferably in marketing
- Consumer marketing experience at a strategic level
- Experience of building marketing plans and implementing them tactically both ATL and BTL
- Passion for marketing, digital marketing and innovation
- Experience of working with external partners or in a partner facing role
- Previous people leadership experience
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time