American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
InAuth is the leading digital device intelligence company for a mobile-first world. The InAuth Security Platform delivers the most advanced device identification, risk detection, and analysis capabilities possible to help organizations limit risk, remove friction, and reduce fraud within their digital channels.
With safer digital transactions, banks, payment networks, merchants, healthcare providers, governments, and other organizations are better positioned to capture new revenue opportunities and compete more effectively in an “always-on” world.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will provide technical leadership and design and build test suites and automated frameworks to test. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and projects in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites, and producing deliverables that exceed expectations.
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites, and producing deliverables that exceed commitments.
- Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major functionality and utilities.
- Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team.
- Review and critique of technical requirements, software design specifications, and software implementation.
- Instilling best practices for test suite automation, frameworks, and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
- Manual testing will be performed during major releases and interim releases as required.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development experience, including C++ and Java
- Experience in OOP, device development, and performance testing
- 3+ years designing, developing, and delivering QA automation testing
- Strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Familiarity with web, mobile, and desktop technologies
- iOS or Android experience is a must
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex technical information to mobile testing situations
- Adaptability and attention to finalizing testing details and duties amidst aggressive time challenges
- Takes full ownership of end-user quality and usability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Engineering process expertise, with a full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- 2+ years of Mobile Testing/QA experience
- 3+ years experience in UI Automation (preferably on mobile platforms)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time