American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The Collections Specialist position is responsible for providing operational support those results in optimizing the performance of the Cancelled Collections portfolios. The required support is provided to external vendors and internal business partners. The position is required to complete tasks, timely and accurately which ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, such as the IRM Policy. Completion of the tasks will also ensure compliance to external requirements, such as Sarbanes Oxley and local laws.
- Provides accurate and timely response to Internal Amex, outside agencies inquiries, cancelled card members and Debt Purchaser via telephone and/or email.
- Process manual work lists according to operating guidelines.
- Responds to all incoming correspondence as outlined in the operating guidelines.
- Update financial adjustments within designated timeframes to the correct ledgers.
- Investigate and action card member disputes and provide feedback and/or outcome to requesting party.
- Provide statement and application to agencies and card member
- Prepare and send Direct Debit, Paid in Full, Settled in Full & Default correspondence to card members as required.
- Archive incoming and out-going correspondence documents as required.
- Achieve an accuracy score of 90% or greater through the Quality Assurance assessment process each month.
- Upon request, action other collections related tasks and projects as and when required. This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Excellent skill in pivot table, VLOOKUP and macro would be an advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Able to make sound decisions effectively and promptly with minimum supervision.
- Good self-discipline, able to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures and commercial environments.
- Good interpersonal skills, mature and patience in handling difficult situations.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written. Additional languages such as Mandarin or Cantonese would be advantageous.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time