American Express Careers
Director-Service Delivery (Enterprise Major Incident Management )
This is a BAND 40 Role:
Director Service Delivery - Enterprise Major Incident Management
Develops organizational commitment to ongoing quality and improvement, ensuring that enterprise major incidents service level requirements are met by setting strategies for Service Delivery, and planning the integration of all vendor and/or supplier services that support the strategic needs of Enterprise Major Incident Management.
Organizational Context Responsible for a number of large and complex integrated service capabilities
People management responsibilities for up to 10 team members
Key Responsibilities • Manages a global service organization to manage all business critical incidents impacting the enterprise.
• Manages a global service organization to manage all business critical incidents impacting the enterprise.
• Develops and implements Technology, supplier and vendor continuous improvement programs to improve throughput, costs, or availability
• Manages Technology resource requirements to ensure appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands
• Manages relationships between Technology and suppliers to ensure service levels are monitored and followed, as indicated in terms of agreement
• Executes policies and procedures for the production and service support function
• Provides appropriate status updates/reports, and undertakes review sessions with senior Technology management and Business leaders
• Ensures goals relating to incident reduction and Technology operations saves are actioned and reported
• Ensures that procedures are in place for effective assignment and coordination of resources for incident and preventative resolutions
• Ensures suppliers and vendor partners meet the metric targets for incident resolution
• Develops strategies to proactively reduce volatility, improve stability and permanently prevent reoccurrence of incident for the business critical applications within the application portfolio
• Acts as an advocate for all suppliers and/or vendors while ensuring the Business is receiving the appropriate level of service
Scope of Impact/Influence • Partners with the Global Infrastructure and Technology organization in managing the day-to-day operations to improve quality, performance and availability
• Partners with suppliers in managing the day-to-day operations and ensuring optimal performance of applications within AET infrastructure
• Accountable for the delivery of processes for the applications within their portfolio, including incident management, problem management and change management
Qualifications – Education & Experience
• Prior relevant Technology and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems life cycle management and infrastructure planning and operations
• Strong background in development and measurement of Key Performance Indicators
• Experience in process documentation and stewardship
• Business Relationship Management background
•Hands-on experience supporting Major Incident, Problem, and Event Management processes
• Leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field with 10+ years of experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time